Garage Doors Sizes
Garage Doors Sizes 2018
What You’ll Find in This Post
- 5. The Duro-Steel Mini Storage Series
- 4. Duro-Doors Self Storage Steel Roll Up Garage Doors (10’*8′)
- 3. Duro-Steel Mini Storage Metal Roll Up (8’*7′)
- 2. Belt-Drive Garage Door Opener
- 1. Janus 650 Series Roll Up Garage Door
- 3. Screw-Drive Garage Door Opener
- Benefits of a Roll Up Garage Door
- What to Look for When Purchasing a Roll Up Garage Door
In case you are out shopping for a new door for your garage, then it is very advisable to look for roll up garage doors. A roll up garage door is a garage door that opens by rolling up towards the top of the door either by manual or electric means, or a remote garage door opener. Roll up garage doors are becoming very popular with business and home owners. They offer a myriad of benefits over conventional doors. So, if you are thinking about replacing your garage door, going for a roll up garage door will prove to be your best choice.
5. The Duro-Steel Mini Storage Series
This is a light weight roll up garage door that minimizes the reinforcement and locking required to strengthen the garage door. It has minimum friction points which means that it had lesser additional weight than other self-storage garage doors. The opening sizes for this door range from three feet wide to ten feet in width, with a maximum height of twelve feet. The doors may be installed on concrete or steel and can withstand winds of up to 130 mph.
4. Duro-Doors Self Storage Steel Roll Up Garage Doors (10’*8′)
These roll up garage doors are 10′ by 8′ mainly used for self storage purposes. The locking mechanism is located on the bottom bar or the curtain. The door has very few points of friction; it has less weight but a great yield of strength. The opening sizes that are applicable to this door are from a width of 3 feet to 10 feet, with a maximum opening clearance of 12 feet. Additional mid-section reinforcement may be added to withstand higher wind speeds of more than 130 mph.
3. Duro-Steel Mini Storage Metal Roll Up (8’*7′)
The Duro-Steel 8 feet by 7 feet roll up garage door is a metal roll up door capable of withstanding wind speeds of up to 100mph. The door can be easily set up on steel reinforced concrete, and it is ideal for small to medium sized units. It can also be used as multiple points of entry for larger warehouses. With opening of up to 10 feet wide and 12 feet high,various mechanizations such as forklifts can easily be used. Its shipping or installation weight is only 900 pounds.
2. Duramax Metal Garage Shed and Roll Up Garage Door
The Duramax Shed with a roll up garage door is wide enough for all types of machinery, including large SUVs and tractors. The garage door has a width of up to 98.8 inches and a height of 74.8 inches. It also comes with a side door to complete the set up of your garage. The Duramax roll up garage door is made of reinforced and hardened steel, therefore guaranteeing you of safety for your garage. The door is best set up on reinforced concrete to add up to its strength and withstand strong winds (of up to 140 mph).
1. Janus 650 Series Roll Up Garage Door
This roll up garage door can be easily set up on steel frames, with a width of 10 feet and a height of 10 feet. The Janus 650 model is a mini storage roll up door with a design aimed at durability and quick installation and maintenance. It is suitable for a small garage or shed and can withstand winds of up to 100 mph. The product features different metallic colours to choose from.
Benefits of a Roll Up Garage Door
- Effortless Opening and Closing: Roll up garage doors are easy to open and close; you can actually do it in one swoop. You also have an option to automate the opening and closing functionalities.
- Cost Effectiveness: Roll up garage doors can save you a lot of money from the purchase to the easy installation process.
- Space Saving: Perhaps the most attractive feature of roll up garage doors is their space saving designs. Instead of opening in or out like conventional door, they utilize the unused space above the door, thus allowing you to have loads of space for other activities.
- Safety: Roll up garage Doors are highly recommended for their safety standards. The chances of getting hurt when rolling the door up or down are negligible. The doors are also sturdy to ensure the safety of your belongings.
What to Look for When Purchasing a Roll Up Garage Door
When looking for a garage door, you should always first consider your intended purpose for the door. There are different types of doors for different uses. As such, the size of the door may also vary. Also, consider the ease of opening and closing the door according to its size; this will help you determine whether you will need to automate it or not. Therefore, consider the door’s compatibility to automation too. Check the prices offered by your local dealer and compare to other dealers. You might find out that shipping may be more cost effective.